Dare and Dream

"What is your dream?"

This one is going to be long. Take a sip of tea first.




We heard this question so often. In every new year, when we celebrate our birthday, and mostly, in our last grade of school ー which I am currently at.


Now, this is a question I will always stutter to answer, ever since I was younger. As children, we get fascinated by several things every now and then and aspire to achieve them as we grow. However, following the rapid development of technology, I exposed myself to unlimited possibilities in various disciplines. Sometimes, I pictured myself as a researcher, but at the same time, I want to work in the movie industry. Other times, I find it interesting to work as an event organizer. 


However, I could not find any one thing to say it loudly as my dream. I envy those who have pursued sports since five and will continue their journey as athletes. I tried and tried, but I still couldn't find the answer. Slowly, I started to lose myself in my own maze of the mind. 


After years of contemplating, then I realized.


This means I could be whatever I want.



I am still free, young, and strong as I wanna be. I have access to resources. I could speak, act, and think freely. What more could I ask? It was all in my mind. In fact, It will always be okay to try and fail. 


So in 2022, I took a step and applied to Beasiswa Indonesia Maju. I still wasn't sure of my desired major, but I know if I never try I would regret it ten years later. Got accepted, and it was the best thing I've ever had. Ups and downs, everything shaped me.

This year, we all going to graduate. Some of my friends choose to pursue medicine, some engineering, and some went to the military academy. They all have a dream, and so am I. So here is the dream I wish I could achieve in 2023.



1. Got Accepted to an overseas University.

THIS. After thousand sleepless nights, I get back to my dream, which is to live abroad. Living abroad sounds pretty bewitching, and I like to put myself into the unknown. Meeting a lot of new friends, studying new languages, and living by myself will be really exciting. Besides, I want to live out of my comfort zone. I have already submitted some of my applications, and hopefully, one of them is my path. Wherever that is, I hope it's the best plan God has created for me.

2. Have a Healthier and Weller Lifestyle.

This has ALWAYS been on my new year's to-do list. It just seems I could not maintain a good lifestyle, you know, waking up early every time, having a morning exercise session, and having a regular study plan. I personally prefer to live by time; doing what Im in the mood for or what is urgent by time. But I thought having an organized and healthy lifestyle will surely help me in many aspects. So I will try to wake up early on a regular basis first, then continue to have short exercises. as the saying,  many a little makes a mickle, so I'll try the easier one first.

3. Learn Korean and German.

Yes, Yes. I am 'that' Korean Culture fan. Don't get me wrong, but expanding your language ability assists you a lot in opening opportunities. As Korean influence gets bigger and bigger, I thought studying Korean will be helpful for the future. My goal is to speak Korean, in a daily used language, so that we can talk together (secretly). not in a bad way, I promise.
For German, I took a German class as my elective, and it is fun for me. My teacher taught us really well, and I want to take what I've learned to the next level, so whenever I go to a German-speaking country, I can be the one who orders food.



 I hope our 2023 turns out pretty well, and everyone got the happiness they deserve.
Stay healthy everyone! Sending all my love and prayers. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News and Now

Website and World